EVENT CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- Oktoberfest Parklands is strictly an 18+ event. Bring your ID and your e-ticket to gain entry into the event. You MUST have valid photo ID to get into the event, such as a current Australian driver’s license (international driver’s licenses won’t be accepted), State Approved ‘Proof Of Age’ card or a valid Passport.
- Upon entry, your ticket will be exchanged for a wristband, which you MUST keep on for the duration of the event. Lost wristbands will not be replaced.
- Entry is at own risk. The right to refuse entry is reserved.
- The Promoter and the Venue shall not be held liable for any loss, injury or damages sustained entering or within the premises.
- Security staff are there to look after you and are entitled to search, pat down or metal detect any patron wishing to enter the event or inside the event. Patrons failing to comply will be refused entry / ejected from the event without refund.
- Oktoberfest Parklands reserves the right to refuse entry to ticket holders who are clearly under the influence of drugs or alcohol or illustrate behaviour that intends to disturb public peace or provoke assault, hatred or rage.
- This event has a strict NO PASSOUTS policy which means, once you are inside the venue and decide to leave, you will not be able to re-enter the venue.
- There will be an express entry lane for people without bags. It is wise to bring only essential items for the day.
- If you are bringing a bag it must be under 30cm x 20cm size or you will now be allowed to bring it in
- Oktoberfest Parklands will rock out, rain or shine.
- Small still cameras (including those with a recording function) and mobile phones are permitted for personal use only. Professional still cameras (such as an SLR), professional video cameras (including go-pros), sound recording equipment and professional lighting and tripod set ups are not permitted at Oktoberfest Parklands without written authority from the Promoters.
- The Promoter reserves the right to change the line-up and/or the date of the event without prior notification. In the event of a change of the date or lineup, refunds will not be available.
- Police will be present at the event. Drug detection dogs will also be in attendance.
- Police will be conducting roadside breath-testing and drug-testing on nearby roads.
- Make sure you know what you cannot bring into the event – check the Banned Items list
- The promoter reserves the right to refuse entry to any person wearing motorcycle colours, patches or insignia.
- Bring the essentials – plenty of protective clothing, a hat and sunglasses, or a raincoat if weather indicates.
- The use of earplugs is recommended if long term hearing loss is of concern to you. The Promoters of the event will not be held liable for any hearing damage or loss.
- Avoid dehydration – don’t forget to drink water.
- You should bring adequate cash for the whole day, as there are very limited cash or credit facilities on site.
- Look out for your friends and fellow punters, fast responses save lives. First aid facilities will be available in several locations around the site. Go to those areas for assistance. Security are also there to assist
- You acknowledge that photos and video footage may be taken on the event site and agree release, to the promoter, any photos or video footage taken of you while on or entering the event site for use in promotional material
- DANGEROUS ACTIVITIES WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. This includes aggressive moshing, stage diving, crowd surfing and climbing. Patrons participating in these dangerous activities will be evicted without right to re-entry or refund. The Promoter accepts no liability for any injuries or damages caused by these activities.
- If at any time you feel your safety or anyone else’s safety is threatened, please contact the nearest security guard.
- In the case of an emergency evacuation or situation, you must follow all official directives.
- To keep Oktoberfest Parklands a clean and green event, the organisers encourage all patrons to utilise the recycling and refuse facilities provided throughout the site. It’s your site: keep it clean!!
- Please don’t drop ciggie butts on the ground. BIN IT! Help keep the event litter free!
- Lost property will be held as a courtesy for two days (post-event) only, after which it will be handed to local police. No responsibility is accepted by the Promoter for property lost at Oktoberfest Parklands.
IMPORTANT PLEASE READ:
You must agree to these Terms and Conditions to purchase tickets. Moshtix may, without notice, invalidate any tickets that are believed to be in breach of these terms and conditions, and no refund, replacement or compensation will be offered.
- THIS EVENT MAY BE SUBJECT TO AGE RESTRICTIONS. PLEASE ENSURE YOU CHECK THE EVENT PURCHASE PAGE FOR CONFIRMATION OF AGE RESTRICTIONS.This is a strictly 18+ event, you will be asked to present a legal form of identification at the event entry, such as a current Australian driver’s license (international driver’s licenses won’t be accepted), State Approved ‘Proof Of Age’ card or a valid Passport.
- No refunds or exchanges on any ticket except as required by and/or specified by the Live Performance Australia Industry Code of Practice. Incorrect purchases are NOT guaranteed a refund and are at the discretion of the promoter/venue/event organiser.
- The ability to re-issue (change the name on your ticket) or offer your ticket for re-sale (sell your ticket onto an anonymous buyer) may be available for a nominated fee per ticket but is at the discretion of the event organiser and may be subject to change. To check if either service is available, log into your Moshtix account after you have purchased the ticket(s). Should ticket re-issues be available these will close approximately 48 hours prior to event start time. Should tickets be available to be offered for re-sale these cannot be guaranteed to be resold.
- Your electronic ticket is your ticket to the event and must be presented at the event entry to gain entry. Your ticket will be emailed to the email address specified during booking as either a PDF attachment or Passbook link once your credit card has been successfully charged. If you do not receive your ticket(s) you can log in to your moshtix account to either re-send or download a copy. Otherwise, please bring photo ID and the credit card used to purchase the ticket(s) to the event entry gate.
- At the point of entry the ticket presented must match the FULL NAME and DATE OF BIRTH (where required) specified in your booking history. You will be asked to present a current matching legal form of identification such as, a current Australian driver’s license, ’Proof of Age’ card or valid Passport.
- You may either (A) nominate 1 FULL NAME for all tickets and receive ONE barcoded ticket where everyone must arrive at once in a group. OR; (B) You may Nominate ALL attendee FULL NAMES and DATES OF BIRTH (where required) and receive separate barcoded tickets for everyone, each person may then arrive separately. Each ticket will be emailed separately to the nominated email address.
- Any tickets purchased in excess of the event Ticket/Transaction limit may be cancelled at the discretion of moshtix or the event organiser.
- Each ticket attracts a booking fee, which are inclusive of GST. All tickets and products are priced in Australian dollars.
- The event organiser reserves the right to withdraw, reschedule or substitute artist/s and/or vary advertised prices, event times and inclusions without notice. The event organiser reserves the right of admission and to enforce the Event Entry Conditions.
- Should the event be cancelled or rescheduled, moshtix and or the event organiser will contact you via the nominated email address and inform customers.
- It is a condition of sale that tickets may not be offered for unauthorised re-sale, on 3rd party websites such as Ebay or Gumtree. Tickets may not be resold or offered for resale at a premium (including online auction sites) or used for advertising, promotion or other commercial purposes. If a ticket is used in breach of these conditions, it may be cancelled without refund and the bearer of the ticket may be refused admission.
- Moshtix provides this service on behalf of the event promoter/venue/event organiser.
- BYO Alcohol
- Illegal substances
- Glass of any kind
- Cans, aerosols and metal water bottles
- Full or partly full plastic bottles of water, soft drink etc
- Fireworks, flares, fire twirling paraphernalia (sticks, balls etc)
- Skateboards or boogie boards
- Milk/bread crates
- Chairs (folding, portable, camping)
- Anything studded (i.e. belts, wristbands etc)
- Weapons of any kind
- Containers of liquid fuel
- Video and audio recording devices, including GoPros (other than mobile phones)
- Professional still cameras (small still cameras ARE allowed)
- Laser lights
- Umbrellas (please use a plastic poncho or a raincoat instead)
- Water pistols
- Protest paraphernalia and banners
- Any other items considered illegal or dangerous
- Strictly no animals (with the exception of service or assistance animals, such as guide dogs)
BRAUMEISTER COMPETITION TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The promoter of this competition is Kicks Entertainment (ABN 58 155 382 326) PO Box 482, Dickson, Australian Capital Territory.
- By entering the competition, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- Any instructions relating to the competition on the promoter’s website form part of these Terms and Conditions.
- The promoter may in its discretion refuse to award any prize to any entrant who fails to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
- Entry to the competition is open to all Australian residents.
- An entrant must be an individual and not a company or organisation.
- Employees of the promoter and any person associated with the competition, or with the provision of the prize(s), are not eligible to enter.
- Entrants must be 18 years or over.
- The competition opens at 7pm AEST on Monday 18 September 2017 and closes at midnight AEST Friday 6 October 2017.
- Call for entries opens at 7pm AEST on Monday 18 September 2017 and closes at midnight AEST Monday 2 October 2017.
- Any entry received after midnight AEST Monday 2 October 2017 will be deemed invalid. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost, delayed or misdirected entries.
HOW TO ENTER
- To enter the competition, you must:
- Show us why you deserve to be the Braumeister in a 15 second video entry.
- Submit your entry by adding the hashtag #OktoberfestParklands.
- Incomplete entries will not be accepted.
- You must not enter the competition more than once.
- All entries become the property of the promoter and will not be returned to the entrants.
- To be eligible for a prize your entry must only include material created by you or material which you have permission to use, including (where applicable) any words, art, music, photographs, sound recordings or footage which may be included in your entry.
- By submitting your entry to the promoter, you grant the promoter and its licensees and assignees an exclusive licence to exercise all rights in your entry, including without limitation, the right to reproduce and communicate your entry to the public in whole or in part, in perpetuity and throughout the world in any media.
- You understand and agree that your entry may be edited or adapted at any time by the promoter for legal, editorial or operational reasons.
- The winning entry will be judged by the promotor to be the most original and creative will be contacted by 9pm Friday 6 October. Chance plays no part in determining the finalists.
- Decisions of the promoter is final and will be binding on each person who enters the competition and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The prize winner will receive:
- The first beer poured from the ceremonial Tapping of the Keg to signify the beginning of Oktoberfest Parklands celebrations on 14th October 2017
- receive their own Braumeister table in a prime position in Craft Beer Hall for them and 7 friends for the entirety of the event on 14th October 2017
- be served an Oktoberfest banquet including drinks by your own Beer Kellner on 14th October 2017 to the value of $500
- receive a $150 voucher at CostumeBox.
- Total value of the prize is $1000. Prizing does not include tickets to the event.
- The promoter shall not be responsible for any additional costs associated with use of the prize. The prize winner is responsible for all costs associated with using the prize including (if applicable) additional travel and/or transfer costs, expenses with respect to food and beverages, travel and medical insurance costs and spending money.
- The prize winner must be available to redeem the prize on the date stipulated by the promoter. If the prize winner is not able to redeem the prize on that date, the promoter may determine another prize winner in its discretion.
- No component of the prize can be transferred or redeemed for cash.
- In the event that any of the prizes become unavailable due to circumstances beyond the promoter’s control, the promoter reserves the right to provide a similar product to the same or greater value as the original prize, subject to any applicable laws or written directions made under applicable legislation.
- Unless advertised differently, the prize winner will be notified by social media by Friday 6 October 2017. Prizing will need to be collected from the Kicks Entertainment office or as directed by the promoter.
- You warrant that:
- all details provided with your entry are true and accurate;
- you have all necessary rights to grant the promoter the rights granted under These Terms and Conditions;
- use of your entry by the promoter, in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, will not infringe the rights of any third parties; and you will indemnify the promoter against any loss or damage resulting from any breach of these warranties.
- You acknowledge that the promoter is under no obligation to use your entry, and any reproduction and/or communication of your entry to the public by the promoter (in accordance with these Terms and Conditions) is at the complete discretion of the promoter.
- You agree that the promoter may use your personal details provided to the promoter for the purpose of conducting the competition. The promoter may disclose your personal information to its contractors, agents, any co-promoter and to State and Territory gaming departments, to assist in conducting this competition. Prize winners’ names may be published as set out in these Terms and Conditions. The promoter may also use your personal information for any promotional, marketing and publicity purposes of the promoter.
- If there is any event that prevents or hinders the promoter’s conduct of the competition or the promoter’s ability to deliver the prize/s to the prize winner/s, the promoter may, in its discretion, cancel the competition and recommence it at another time under the same conditions or select another winner.
- The promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, or for any failure of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition. The promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
- To the full extent permitted by the law, the promoter will not be liable for any death, injury, damages, expenses, or loss whatsoever (whether direct or consequential) to persons or property as a result of any person entering into the competition or accepting or using any prize, including without limitation non-receipt of any prize or damage to any prize in transit and the prize winner’s failure to comply with the terms and conditions (if any) specified by any third party.