OKTOBERFEST PARKLANDS PREP
Don’t be too cool to speak German. Here’s a few Oktoberfest Parklands starters:
1. Ein prosit = a toast!
2. Prost = cheers!
3. Bier.. hardly needs translating, right?
4. Kellner = waiter
5. O’zapft is = it’s tapped! We’ll have a special guest tapping the first keg of beer signifying the official opening of the festival.
6. Noch ein Bier, bitte = another beer, please
7. Bierleiche = the one thing we all dread.. being a beer corpse
8. Prep your Oompah knowledge. From Weisn classics to all-time popular hits and current chart toppers, Oompah bands are known for creating sing-a-long moments and encouraging the crowd to PROST (and to drink more).
Remember that time you rocked up to a dress-up party as the only person who didn’t dress up? That’s what it’ll feel like if you turn up sans-lederhosen and dirndl-less. Didn’t have time to get something before Oktoberfest Parklands? Don’t you worry, we’ll have a line-up of costumes and merch available on the day.
Oktoberfest Parklands is more than a beer tent, outside the hall there’ll be plenty of frauleins and herrs eating from the Bavarian Food Truck Village, silent disco-ing and testing their stomachs at sideshow alley.